Notifications
Clear all

Error messages loading on GH Boot with Biber. Dissasemble not loading

benra
(@benra)

Hi, I am getting an error with biber in Rhino 7 when i boot GH.

I installed the plugin using the complete option but the unfold option was not available .. maybe this was because i did not already have opennest installed?  i then installed opennest but still no unfold option shown.

I then uninstalled all of biber and reinstalled using custom and picked all options. Now On boot of GH i get an error message and the Dissasemble component doesn't load / becomes unavailable.  (unfold option is now available however).

The error message i am getting is below.

Object: DisassembleComponent (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: DisassembleComponent (level 2)
{
Trial period has been expired! please renew your license.
Exception
}

the exact same error message shown in this very short thread.    https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/unhelpful-error-message-when-loading-gh/148693

Any help to get get biber running without this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Topic starter Posted : 19/10/2022 9:07 pm
benra
(@benra)

OK. 

I uninstalled all my GH plugins except biber and opennest  Still issue. Then unistalled biber. no issue. again uninstalled biber from windows. reinstalled with custom option.. now appears to be working.  Have no idea what the issue was but seems to at least load the missing component and no error message now.

maybe i leave this here in case others get similar probs...

otherwise admins at your discretion delete this thread as you wish. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/10/2022 12:00 am
PARA
 PARA
(@para)
Member Admin

Please download the latest version of Biber. Older versions of Biber will become unavailable after a certain date, (check the readme file)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 9:19 pm
Share: